Wednesday, December 24, 2008

11th Day of Christmas


On the 11th Day of Christmas, my true love sent to me a wall hanging colored with garden green and cranberry.
Taking Close to My Heart's garden green cardstock, I cut out 4 large circles and then cut 4 smaller circles with patterned paper and 4 slightly smaller circles with bamboo cardstock. I then stamped flowers and flourishes on the Bamboo cardstock with "Blooming Flourishes" stamp set. Layer the circles from largest to smallest. I simply cut out "N-O-E-L" with cranberry cardstock and attached one to each circle. I connected the circles with pewter finished hinges sold by Close to My Heart. I tied a ribbon at the top with a photo hanger. I added a couple of flowers cut from Cranberry Cardstock with a pewter finished brad or concho in the center.
This can be done for everyday and doesn't have to be just for Christmas. You can do such words as "Joy," "Love," "Family," etc. Change the colors to match the decor in any room.